Saturday 5 June 2010

Project Mini Eden or it's all Alys Fowler's fault!

We are starting from scratch. I would like to have a mixture of vegetables, fruits, herbs and flowers in my garden, all growing in unorganised patches. And until few weeks ago, I was thinking I was being very original... until I've watched BBC's series: The Edible Garden... well, enough to say, my idea is not novel, not in the slightest.
We have tried a bit of veg and fruit growing in our back garden last year, and been well overwhelmed with the results. Not that they were that spectacular, more that we actually have grown something edible... and yummy!
Anyway... watching how fantastically Alys is using her garden made me think on the grander scale... Also, I have to say that great part in us starting from a scratch was played by one of my mates, who involuntary and I think unconsciously shamed my garden last year... thanks Satti ;)
So here we are, starting from scratch. Soil is now prepared, I just need to order the plants. And this is my pain in a backside. I know so little about gardening that’s it’s scary, but I promised myself to do it today.

No comments:

javascript:void(0) Save Template