Saturday 27 September 2008

My ceramics pieces

Inspired by the The Green Lotus Leaf Collection from Chintz & Company, here is my spin on the idea. Retro doilies.
I am very happy with initial effect. They look great after bisque firing. I am not sure about the colour scheme yet. I am thinking about greens or whites, or maybe a mixture of these two. I do not know. I have spent whole today session on glazing and colouring and used all of those doilies as the test pieces with different oxides, glazes and slips, hopefully I will be able to see some results next week!

Also need to think about the way of fixing them to the wall. I tried some Velcro thingy... but I do not trust the stuff... I fixed my daughter's memo board with it and it fell. I do not want to risk that!






The proces of doily making:







Bisque fired pieces, coloured prior to firing.






No comments:

javascript:void(0) Save Template